Run an Event
Four Easy Steps to Run a
Golf Fore the Cure Event:
Step 1 - Request a Planning Guide
To make running an event easy, Golf Canada will provide you with a step by step guide on how to run a great event for you and your friends. Golf Canada's Golf Fore the Cure Planning Guide is a great resource to get your tournament started. No experience required - this Planning Guide will help you every step of the way. Contact email@example.com to get your copy!!
Please note: The 2013 Planning Guide will be available in late March. Please email Rebecca at firstname.lastname@example.org with your mailing address to get on the mailing list.
Step 2 - Register to Host an Event
Once you have read through the Planning Guide and realized how easy it is to create or convert an event into a Golf Fore the Cure Event your next step is to register your event. There is no cost to you, your course, or your participants to run or participate in this event (excluding any additional cost that you incur to make your event extra special).
Please Note: Registration will be open on March 1st. Please check back then to register your event, or contact Rebecca for other options. (email@example.com).
Step 3 - Fundraise Online
Updated for 2013: Details to be announced. A new fundraising and registration initiative will be put in to place for 2013. Please check back after March 1st for details.
Prefer to use pledge forms? These can be downloaded on our Participants Page as well as on the Event Coordinator password protected page.
Step 4 - Start Planning
Once you are an official site Golf Canada will help you out every step of the way.
- Golf Canada is recognized as the governing body of golf in Canada and we can use our expertise to help you run your event. Full time administrative support is available for the program to help you with any questions you may have.
- Golf Fore the Cure has aligned itself with a reputable charity that is a leading authority in breast cancer research. Breast cancer materials will be provided to official sites that can be handed out to participants.
- Official Event Kit Package – You will receive an official Event Kit for FREE! (Pledge forms, signage, prizes, pink ribbons, access to online pledging program, etc.)
- There is no cost to the club, event coordinator or participants to run an event
- Fundraising tools are provided
If you have any questions or concerns about running an event please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-800-263-0009 x. 495.
Site Eligibility Criteria:
Golf Canada is looking for volunteers all across the country to run Golf Fore the Cure events. You can run any golf related event (scramble, member/guest day, 2 person alternate shot, ladies day, driving range contest, etc.) under the Golf Fore the Cure banner, provided it involves your participants swinging a golf club. Please continue reading below for the elements that will be required of all Golf Fore the Cure sites:
- Your Golf Fore the Cure – Golf Event does not need to be hosted at a golf course. It can be held at a driving range or somewhere where you and your participants can swing a club.
- Also, if you already run a golf tournament why not convert it to a Golf Fore the Cure event and raise money for this worthwhile cause.
- Your event doesn’t need to be the biggest and the best to be great. (You only need a minimum of 5 teams or 20 individuals to become a recognized site). Golf Canada will help you every step of the way and even provide you with some great ideas to make your event a success. You can also win prizes for running an event.
- All money raised by your site will be designated back to the Canadian Cancer Society office in your province and Site Coordinators may choose to allocate these funds to either:
- Society-funded breast cancer research that takes place across the country
- Society-funded breast cancer support and information programs in your surrounding communities.
With your help we can create a world where no woman fears breast cancer!